Honda’s contribution to improving lifestyles goes well beyond the automotive industry. Honda inverter generators are amongst the best in the world. See below to find out what we regard as the best Honda brand generator.
Honda has been manufacturing power products since 1953. These products are low emission, fuel-efficient, and environmentally-friendly. Manufacturing is based on three units:
- Honda Power Equipment
- Honda Marine
- Honda Engines
These products, specifically generators are assembled in Honda plants based in the United States and other places around the world.
1. Honda EM5000SX Portable Generator
The Honda 660530 5000Watt Portable Generator is a reliable, rugged, durable, and highly dependable portable generator from the stable of the Honda brand whose name has become synonymous with exceptional quality and value.
It exclusively features the cutting-edge iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) Technology which produces a steady voltage, no matter the load, to keep sensitive devices protected. The innovative iGXX390 commercial-grade engine generates solid power with less noise, great fuel economy, and fewer emissions.
|Fuel Type :||Gas|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||6.2 gallons|
|Run Time at 50% Load:||11.2 hours|
|Weight :||232 lb. (105 kg)|
- Easy electric start
- Large capacity fuel tank for extended run time
- Powerful starting and running output
- CARB Compliant
2. Honda EU3000IS Super Quiet Gasoline Portable Generator
The Honda EU3000IS is a powerful and super quiet generator, which makes it a great choice for a variety of activities: camping, RV, outdoor events, etc. that require a quiet operation.
It has an eco-throttle feature, which makes it very fuel-efficient and can run up to 20 hours on 3.4 gallons of fuel.
The Honda EU3000IS produces clean and stable power, so it can charge mobiles, tablets, and other sensitive devices. It is parallel compatible, which means that you can use it with a second EU1000iS and generate 6000 Watts.
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||3.4 gal.|
|Run Time at 25% Load:||Up to 20 hrs|
|Weight :||144 lbs. (65 kg)|
- Very Quiet Operation
- Excellent Fuel Efficiency
- Produces Safe and Clean Power
- Not CARB Compliant
3. Honda EU7000is Super Quiet Inverter Generator
The Honda EU7000is is a powerful inverter generator that you can use for your RV, at a job site, as home emergency power, camping, and other activities. It boasts 7,000 peak Watts and 5,500 running Watts.
It is also fuel-efficient and can run between 6-18 hours on a single tank depending on the load. It has a LED display, so you can monitor the power status of the generator.
It has a very quiet operation, from 52 to 58 dbA. Has an electric start button as well as a recoil start.
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||5.1 gal.|
|Run Time at 25% Load:||Up to 18 hrs|
|Weight :||260 lbs. (118 kg)|
- Powerful and Fuel Efficient
- Very Quiet Operation
- Parallel ready
- Heavy: 262 pounds
4. Honda EU1001i Portable Inverter Generator
The Honda EU1000i boasts a range of features that contribute to its efficiency, reliability, and convenience:
This inverter generator features a modern and convenient design. Weighing only 29 pounds, it is perhaps one of the lightest inverter generators on the market. Combine that with its comfortable ergonomics, and you have a unit that you can easily carry anywhere you want.
The EU1000i measures 17.7 x 9.4 x 15 inches. The compact dimensions make it easy to store. You can conveniently place it in your workshop, garage, or car trunk.
- Clean and stable power for sensitive appliances, thanks to the built-in inverter
- Compact dimensions allow for easy storage
- Lightweight, ensuring easy mobility
- Impressive fuel efficiency, thanks to the eco-throttle system
- Doesn’t deliver very high wattage
Honda started making small engines to be used in power generation in 1953. Later in the year 1973, Honda introduced generators, tillers, and outboards in the United States. It was followed by the inclusion of power pumps in the power equipment lineup in 1975. In 1979 lawn movers were introduced followed by snow blowers 1983.
In 2015, Honda celebrated its success having reached the milestone of 40 million happy customers in the United States. Honda products are being assembled at 11 factories around the world.
Honda manufactures generators that are designed for domestic, commercial, and industrial purposes. Their power range varies from 1000 watts to 10,000 watts incapacity. Honda provides power backup equipment for the following environment.
- Recreational purposes
- Domestic use
Portable generators are available for recreational purposes, for example, camping and RV power. They help cover the requirements of outdoor events like concerts, racing, parties, tailgating, etc. The Honda EM 5000SX is our favorite Honda model and scores very highly on our list of the best 5000-watt generators.
This has made Honda become the official generator providers of
- Talladega Superspeedway,
- the EAA Air Venture Oshkosh to name a few.
Honda offers power outage solutions for domestic purposes too. They are installed to reduce the loss caused by a lack of power supply.
The reliability and durability of Honda inverter generators have made them a good option for workplaces as well. They provide on-site power solutions, in the construction and the rental industry. They have gained customer confidence and have been named ‘most preferred’ generator options in leading reader surveys. Honda generators come in the following series.
- Super quiet series: The power range varies from 1000 to 6500 watts. They have a super quiet feature to make them ideal for domestic use.
- Deluxe Series: these generators are designed for both general-purpose and domestic needs. Their power ranges from 4000 to 6500 watts.
- Industrial series: this series of generators range from 3000 watts to 10,000 watts of industrial-strength power. These power supply types of equipment are heavily in demand and are ranked #1 by rental and construction companies. These generators have a great reputation with 3 years of commercial use warranty.
- Economy Series: these series offer a range of generators ideal for domestic and commercial use. They follow a no-frills approach to fulfill power requirements. Their power ranges from 4000 to 6500 watts. This product lineup works to deliver both reliability and cost-saving.
Honda inverter generators are reliable, fuel-efficient, quiet, and portable and ensure consistent delivery of clean power. They incorporate technology such as the inverter, cycloconverter, DVR, and iAVR voltage regulating systems. Newer models of inverter generators enable stable and clean power generation.
Our #1 Recommended Honda Model is…
If you’re looking for a powerful and reliable generator, with good fuel economy: a single gallon of gas can keep it running for up to 11.2 hours, then the Honda EM5000SX is a great option to consider.